I really can’t think of a better way to celebrate this holiday than with some yummy raw guacamole!
This tasty treat is not only going to taste amazing, but the avocado in guacamole has some great health benefits as well.
Avocado has a high content of essential nutrients such as Vitamins A, B, C and E. This fruit also contains many minerals including potassium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus just to name a few. It’s been shown in studies to help with heart health such as lowering cholesterol levels and helping to control blood pressure. Avocado is also a great source of healthy fats such as mono and polyunsaturated fat. So here is a Jillian special recipe to make your Cinco De Mayo healthy, fresh and raw!
- One fresh organic avocado
- One small organic tomato
- 1 Tablespoon organic red onion
- ¼ cup fresh organic cilantro
- Small splash of lime juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- Scoop out the insides of the Avocado and place it in a bowl
- Combine the red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice and sea salt with the avocado
- When everything has been thoroughly mixed, fold in the tomatoes
- Eat with fresh veggies such as carrots, endive, cucumber or even Ezekiel bread!