I spent a lot of time at the Farmer's Market last weekend and have been enjoying awesome salads, juices, and smoothies all week! For some reason cauliflower always seems to stump me though, I dislike eating it raw and don't love its consistency in smoothies. I decided to try a raw cauliflower roll recipe that I found online
and was not disappointed!
These rolls are the perfect farmers market treat. They are fresh and crunchy with a mildly sweet flavor. I couldn't stop eating them!
- 3 large cauliflower florets
- 1 T sultanas/raisins OR 1 pitted date
- Handful parsley
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T raw tahini OR 2 T raw nut butter
- 1 Pinch Chili powder
- 2 Small Cucumbers (use the little ones for pickling, not the gigantic ones)
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and lay on paper towel to absorb some of the excess water.
- Put everything except the cucumbers in a food processor and blitz a few times until the mixture has a pebble-like consistency.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the length of each cucumber.
- Gently roll up and spear with a toothpick to hold together.
Let me know if you try it! I was even thinking these rolls might be a good appetizer for summertime dinner parties.