This recipe is about as simple as they come. You get a bunch of fresh berries, wash them, cut them up, spritz a little lemon juice and enjoy! It is my favorite kind of recipe because it is all about enjoyment and not about hard work! By setting yourself up with access to fresh berries you are much more likely to snack healthy than grab a less healthy (and more toxic) convenience food.
My favorite berries (and berry-like fruits) this time of year are:
- 3-4 cups berries or fruits
- 1 lemon
- Sharp paring knife
- Wash berries in cold water and strain or pat dry. Raspberries and blackberries can turn mushy so wash in a gentle stream of water and lay out to dry.
- Pit and stem fruits as necessary.
- Mix all fruits together in a large bowl with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days (if you don't eat them all immediately!)
This berry preparation also makes a good addition to smoothies and juices!