The more color you can add to a salad the better! Not only is it better for you, but it looks delicious as well! The key to picking out ingredients are to go for raw and organic or local selections. Organic fruits have actually been shown to contain more vitamins and minerals and local will ensure it has not traveled many days so it will be fresher. Here is a salad that uses all fresh, raw and organic ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 c walnuts chopped
- 4 c spinach
- Take the baby spinach and wash thoroughly. Set aside for drying.
- Whisk the lime and raw honey together.
- When first putting in the honey, it will be more solid, but mixing it with the lime juice should create a nice liquid consistency.
- I only needed one lime for 2 tbsp of lime juice. This can vary depending on the freshness of the lime.
- combine the grapefruit slices, avocado, walnuts, and red onions with the spinach
- add the honey lime juice dressing
- Share with someone!