Get a break at work? Are the stairs hiding around the corner from the elevator? Do your children want to play? Driving a long distance?
Whatever you’re doing today, create 15 minutes to move your body.
Planning exercise is what stops me from exercising. I turn it into a bigger deal than it needs to be. Over the years I’ve always thought exercise needed to last 30-60 minutes to be worthy anything, but guess what? Since I needed to plan that much time, I never did it, so it wasn’t worth anything! If you’re like me and don’t have a steady workout habit yet, I promise, 15 minutes is probably going to be very hard! It’s much longer than you think when you are constantly moving up and down stairs or dancing or walking briskly.
So what are you doing right now? Open Spotify, iTunes or Pandora, find a playlist, hit play. Go to your “Clock” app on your phone, set your timer, and start moving!
Don't forget to comment below! I want to know...
- Turn on some music and dance.
- Go up and down the stairs for 15 minutes.
Stretch all your limbs. Hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds to get the full benefits of the muscle releasing. This breathing technique will help you relax into the patience you need for stretching.
- Using your break to call your mother? Take a walk down the road or around your building while you talk to her.
- Squeeze the muscles in your buttocks tightly while sitting in the car for a long travel. I bet you’ll be tired before 20 squeezes!
- I’ve never sweat more than when I let my 6 year old son take the lead. He really enjoys telling me what to do, and I get a challenging 15 minutes of physical movement and laughter.
- How do you keep yourself active? What's your best advice?
- What's your biggest challenge to consistency with exercise?
This post was written as part of NuSpecies ReNu Challenge by Jillian. Want to Participate?
Get daily text reminders during our ReNu Challenges: Sign Up
Join the ReNu Challenge Email List: Join Here
What is the ReNu Challenge?
Many of us spend years of our lives living with an all-or-nothing mentality, especially when it comes to taking care of our health and overall wellbeing. We’re either perfectly following all our health and wellness routines and feeling on top of the world or we’re not supporting our health and wellness at all, leaving ourselves feeling guilty, ashamed, and unfulfilled. Life isn’t black and white, so trying to live on an all-or-nothing roller coaster isn’t sustainable.
The ReNu Challenge is a monthly reminder from Jillian, NuSpecies Executive Vice President, that everyday is a new opportunity to pursue and cultivate health, good character, and positive relationships. Nothing has a permanent state; life requires us to constantly renew, regenerate, and evolve. This challenge helps you to embrace that. Although we’re all at different places in our journey, each month the challenge is to keep moving forward.
← Older Post
Newer Post →